About 2 weeks maybe a month into summer your kids might start complaining about being bored. What do you do to stop the boredom. Here are 5 great things to do that will help keep your kids from getting bored this summer.
- Set up a 1000 or 2000 piece puzzle on a table somewhere in your home. Every time your kids says the “b” word send them over to the puzzle to work. You might want to sit down with them. This is a great bonding time for parents.
- To keep from loosing those educational skills ya’ll worked so hard to obtain this year what about some going online and playing some literature games or maybe some contraction games. There are all kinds of great FREE online educational games out there.
- You can have your kids create a Scavenger Hunt for you to work through. Or you can create one for them to work through. There are lots of different ways to do Scavenger Hunts two of my favorite ways are as follows. 1. Start with a clue that leads to another clue that leads to another clue and so on till you get to the surprise. 2. Start with a list of things that need to be found first child to get all the items on the list wins.
- Set up some outdoor games. Sorta like a mini olympics for their friends. You can do sprints races, 3 legged race, use a pillow case to do potato bag races. There is so many different games you can play.
- Obstacle course fun. Oh yeah this can be done inside and outside. Set up different stations to preform different stunts. Like a hula hoop station (must hoop till you count to 20 w/o dropping the hoop), rice bowl station (find 3 safety pin at the bottom of the rice bowl), draw in chalk circles on the driveway to hop from one to the other. There are all kinds of ways to create a obstacle course.
I bet you can share some ideas too.